Any commercial activity is considered as business. While the basic definition seems to be concluded in a few words but it has more than wide significance and branches. A business can be of various kinds. What we would be discussing here is B2B. Now, question arises, what is B2B? Business-to-Business or B2B, as the name suggests it involves no any mass consumers as the customers. The goods and services are provided by one business party to the client business party. B2B marketing in itself has a wide spectrum. In order to perform sales and marketing, a number of activities have to be taken care of for example, managing the contacts, processing of order, management of inventory, sharing the information with related departments and contacts, tracking of the order, regular analysis of the sales, evaluation of employees’ performance, managing the customers, maintaining contact with them. All of these activities have to be performed efficiently in order to function a healthy and successful sales. Now what Pardot does is addressing all of these activities by bringing automation in the picture. Hence, Pardot is widely and commonly referred as B2B Marketing Automation.
Why do we need Pardot? What does it do?
Pardot brings automation and ease of doing business. It came in existence in 2006 by Adam Blitzer and David Cummings. It automates the marketing and engagement of sales that produces more leads, qualify and prioritize them, develop these deals to make the sales-ready, manages all of the email campaigns, generate report on the success of these campaigns, close more deals, and better measure marketing success. The marketing department saves a lot of time with automation to focus on the areas that need personal touch. Marketing Automation gives a round the clock view of all the aspects and enhances the quality of sales. Pardot provides us this automation, it is built on Salesforce that is an on demand customer relation management (CRM) suite that focuses on sales and support by offering application to the small, medium and enterprise organizations. The Salesforce app include sales management, partner relationship management, marketing automation, and customer support and service.
So far, we have established the answers to the ‘what’ questions regarding Pardot. Now, the next step is discussing in detail the features Pardot salesforce implementation adds to the marketing and sales of a business.
How can Pardot Salesforce help you with business?
Pardot provides a new edge to your business by managing all the tasks of sales and Marketing.
The following are the features of Pardot Marketing Automation:
- Streamlined Lead Management: It streamlines the process of selling by reaching out the right customer at the right time. It makes the good use of the available database and send emails automatically based on various triggers as time, interactions and other parameters. It also helps re-engaging the customers by sending emails automatically by using the database. Apart from finding more leads and re-engaging the dormant ones, it also prioritize the leads after analyzing the sales forecast. It saves a lot of time by putting the lengthy and time engaging procedures on auto pilot so that you can use your time more strategically. Don’t think that by enabling long procedures on auto pilot, it will lose the touch of personalization and relevancy of the content. Pardot sends email that are very relevant as it uses the data to personalize the customer experience. It will make the customer feel that you are providing a mirror of his mind.
- Smarter Lead Management: It gives a smart response with the use of landing pages, search tools, social connectors etc. Pardot deploys an easy to use beautifully branded landing page and customizes layouts for the advanced level customization. It will always keep the forms short and simple and gains the title of smartness then and there for itself. It also understands the search engine optimization and integrates Google AdWords for better results and also tracks social media posting and profiling.
- Effortless E-mail Marketing: Pardot gives the experience of personalized messaging based on the engagement of prospects and also backs up the message with relevant data. It provides the feature of scheduled email with custom design capability of the builder and fast formatting feature. Auto response for the forms on the landing pages makes it even more effortless and efficient to use.
- Seamless Sales Alignment: It tracks the activity of the customers, integrates the Salesforce CRM and empower sales by sending marketing approved campaigns to the customers. It also gives real time messages on the email of the customers. Thus, aligning the sales and marketing produces better results.
- Insightful ROI report: Pardot tracks and measures the performance of the whole campaigning and develop insights based on it. It identifies the step where the process is stuck by understanding the full procedure from click to close. It also connects your favorite tools for lead generation and hence accelerating the work.
I hope this does justice to the ‘Why Pardot?’ section of the queries. Wouldn’t it be amazing to have all this work done by a system and save you time for thinking and planning new ideas.
Now, comes how to implement the Pardot Salesforce. What are the requirements to achieve the above given features for our business sales and marketing? What things should be considered? How the Pardot will make access to the enormous database of the company? All of your queries are about to be answered in this section point by point.
The Process of Pardot Implementation
- The implementation of Pardot begins with involving the Stakeholders in your company i.e. all the departments whether responsible for providing Script code for the pages of website, the information technology management team, designers, implementers of the web pages, strategy makers, sales leads, Salesforce admin etc.
- The technical set up that gets Pardot to running includes the implementation of a tracking code, adding a tracker domain, implementing the two most common standard used by Pardot for email authentication, the DMIK and SPF and viewing the Pardot sending IP address.
- Adding users would be the next step. It can be done manually or by using Salesforce User Sync. Users can be added as well as imported through a .csv
- Integration with Salesforce
- Setting up Salesforce Engage
- Setting up B2B Marketing Analytics which is an Einstein analytics application containing Salesforce and Pardot data.
- Creating Marketing Assests as email templates, forms, landing pages, email preference and subscription pages with your brand for generation, engagement and tracking of the lead.
- Enable it to host files by uploading all the supported format of files. It can host white papers, data sheets and image content also.
- Customize the look by sending or omitting prospects from the Pardot list emails. These lists can be public for the purpose of subscription management or can be made private for internal usage. It can also be visible to the CRM for adding or removing the prospects.
- Choose appropriate automation tools suitable for your business and set up automation rules for proper working according to the requirement.
- Lastly, add connectors to sync the Pardot with third party applications. Data is exchanged between these applications through the connectors to put to better use and give out the best results.
Once you have set up, installed and implemented Pardot, one thing that is the most necessary of all while implementing Pardot is being patient. Planning and strategy are two most important thing in the Pardot Salesforce implementation. If you want to make your tasks easier and less time consuming you will have to give few dedicated hours to this implementation process. However, it is easy to use it takes time while the whole team learns to use this system. Stay engaged to understand the working of Pardot.
Are you now imagining the work life after implementing this system in your business? Smooth, relaxing and easy, isn’t it? Maybe that is the reason why user reviews of Pardot implementation are fairly positive. It works on the strategy of Build, Visualize, and Improve. It has been reported that users of Pardot Salesforce have increased customer retention, improved sales figure, and winning rates. Pardot provides better vendor interactions, easy tracking and analysis etc. and takes your business to new levels of success and achieve targets on time. It saves you the time that can be effectively used for planning the future strategies by reducing efforts on tasks that are time consuming but necessary. Pardot has brought automation in the B2B marketing for many companies and continues to maximize the sales with it. Are you willing to give in a one-time dedicated effort in order have new better leads, more closed deals and exponentially increasing figures of sales?
Well, “I don’t like completed targets and excellent sales reports” said no one ever.