What is Workflow?
Work process guidelines can help mechanize the accompanying sorts of activities in view of your association’s procedures: Tasks: Assign another undertaking to a client, part, or record proprietor. Email Alerts: Send an email to at least one beneficiaries you indicate. Field Updates: Update the estimation of a field on a record.
Workflow Rules in Salesforce
A considerable lot of the undertakings you typically relegate, the messages you routinely send, and other record refreshes are a piece of your association’s standard procedures. Rather than doing this work physically, you can arrange work process guidelines to do it consequently.
Work process guidelines can help computerize the accompanying sorts of activities in view of your association’s procedures:
- Tasks: Assign a new task to a user, role, or record owner.
- Email Alerts: Send an email to one or more recipients you specify.
- Field Updates: Update the value of a field on a record.
- Outbound Messages: Send a secure, configurable API message (in XML format) to a designated listener.
For example, workflow rules can:
- Assign follow-up tasks to a support rep one week after a case is updated.
- Send sales management an email alert when a sales rep qualifies a large deal.
- Change the Owner field on a contract three days before it expires.
- Trigger an outbound API message to an external HR system to initiate the reimbursement process for an approved expense report.
Each workflow rule consists of:
- Criteria that cause the workflow rule to run.
- Immediate actions that execute when a record matches the criteria. For example, salesforce.com can automatically send an email that notifies the account team when a new high-value opportunity is created.
- Time-dependent actions that queue when a record matches the criteria, and execute according to time triggers. For example, salesforce.com can automatically send an email reminder to the account team if a high-value opportunity is still open ten days before the close date.
For services, contact us at email@example.com