Salesforce in Law Firms
Salesforce is the world’s No.1 CRM Platform that uses cloud-based applications for sales, service, and marketing. For understanding the Salesforce software, we need to dig deeper into two basic concepts that drive Salesforce. These concepts are Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Cloud-based applications or Cloud Computing technology. On a superficial note, CRM is any kind of practice, technology, or strategy that helps a business to improve the customer relationship and a cloud is simply the outsourcing of computer programs.
LEAP Legal Software (LEAP) makes life a lot easier for these law firms. The cloud-based legal software automates many of their admin tasks, freeing them up to focus on client services instead. To date, more than 6,000 small law firms around the world have signed up to use LEAP—hard evidence of the fact that it works.
The Law Firms and Salesforce
These are not normally considered as one of the most commercially-minded departments. In fact, it is fair to say that the law department in a company is often taken as a barrier to entrepreneurship, sales, and both risk and tech-averse. This impression may be due to the focus of lawyers mainly on the art of the law, rather than the art of the deal.
In such cases, sales teams rely on and appreciate the skills of lawyers, but can remain frustrated by archaic processes being followed. To address this issue, technological disruption gives the answer, serving a more entrepreneurial lawyer.
This revolution and sales-legal shift are largely due to so-called ‘L-Tech’ software. This new breed of software, not least enabled by “lawyers-turned-entrepreneurs,” is servicing the needs of lawyers who have been required to change their processes and interactions with sales teams and entrepreneurs. It plays to new business requirements, such as 24-hour legal service, better data and analytics, and faster responses to tasks that can be automated.
Salesforce has sensed the L-Tech boom. It is now playing a central role in facilitating the automation of basic legal services through its reach, success, and brand. KCloud Technologies is helping to overcome the main challenge of L-Tech companies. This is the fight against the ingrained status quo built up over centuries. Salesforce is achieving this by bringing sales and legal together on the platform.
The Automation of certain things in the legal business would enhance the working capabilities of the employees in large fractions. It would help in certain matters that are generally handled manually and take up much of the time. This time can be better invested in planning and strategizing the need of the client over the hundreds of cases being handled by your paralegals and attorneys.
A sample list of work that can be easily done through Salesforce by automation of the system is given below:
• Tracking the status of important matter tasks, documents related to them, and deadlines with matter Dashboards
• Creating reports to carefully identify the unfinished tasks that may be a hurdle later on, and missing documents too.
• Assign tasks to individual attorneys, paralegals, or other staff members and set deadlines according to the requirement of the particular case.
• Creating customized document templates by keeping track of your frequently used documents and forms that can be populated with data from your contact fields.
• The crucial task of updating clients on the status of the case at key intervals.
• Integrating with third-party applications in order to import data that is relevant to pending matters directly into Salesforce for further processing.
Implementation of Salesforce in Law Firms
The implementation of Salesforce seems to be a tiresome task but with the expertise of Salesforce consultants such as KCloud Technology, it comes at ease. The process of the implementation of Salesforce in Law Firms generally consists of the phases as given:
• Negotiating a license with Salesforce appropriate for your firm’s needs and user base
• Configuring data fields, layouts, tabs, reports, and dashboards based on the documentation created during Discovery.
• Data migration
• Required integrations
• Upon completion of Implementation, you are ready to move to Training.
The implementation for the Law Firms that have just started with Salesforce is quite different from the firms that have already been using Salesforce in their departments.
Therefore, for law firms already using Salesforce the process of implementation would generally be consisted of the following:
• Configuring and customizing data fields, layouts, tabs, reports, dashboards, and/or integrations.
• To address the “pain points” identified during Discovery that are preventing your firm from realizing the full potential of Salesforce.
The implementation constraints in adopting the Salesforce for law firms are also general and include the given few points:
• Availability of users affected by changes for consultation and training
• Concerns regarding the ability of users to assimilate too many changes at once
However, you choose to stage Implementation, once a defined phase is completed, you are ready to move to Training to introduce and acclimate users to the changes.
Salesforce Integration in Law firms can be easily done with KCloud Technologies. It assists in the Salesforce integration with third-party applications. This Integration with third-party applications allows Salesforce to act as a much more comprehensive platform for law firms in providing a 360-degree view of all aspects of their practice within a single tool.
The integration of applications exists for the following functionality (to quote an example):
• Document storage and synchronization (e.g., Dropbox)
• Discovery management
• Email application
• Email marketing
• Accounting and billing
• Electronic signatures
• Package Tracking
• Google Apps
After the discovery and implementation of Salesforce in Law Firms, there is a need for training in order to use it to the best of the benefits. The training for Salesforce in Law Firms exists in two different forms:
• For Firms rolling out Salesforce for the very first time
• For firms already using Salesforce
First time using Salesforce: In this case, firstly initial training will focus on getting users acquainted with the Salesforce interface. After it, the advancement will take the training to the specific usage of the Software that would direct them towards the specified benefits for the Law firms.
Already using Salesforce: This case focuses on the specific usage of the Software that is identified in the discovery process. These specific areas may include:
• Case Management (Litigation/ Transactional)
• Document Management
Salesforce in Law firms is exercised successfully with the LEAP Legal Software. LEAP has exceptionally high standards when it comes to technology. It has been using Salesforce for ten years now, to give clients the very best service and give its sales team the best chance of sealing new deals. Transform your Law Firm business with the help of Salesforce consultancy Kcloud Technology.
For services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org