Cloud computing has made available many attractive benefits for businesses and end users. Cloud computing is a general term for the delivery of hosted services over the internet. It computing enables the business enterprises and companies to put away a compute resource, such as a virtual machine, storage or an application, as a utility — just like electricity — rather than having to build and maintain computing infrastructures in house.
Types of Cloud/Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is described in two ways.
- On the basis of the location of the cloud.
- On the basis of services offered by the cloud.
On the basis of service offerings of the cloud, there are four different categories known as
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Storage, Database, Information, Process, Application, Integration, Security, Management, Testing-as-a-service.
On the basis of cloud location, it is categorized under four names
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
- Community Cloud
In this article, we are going into the details of the hybrid cloud.
What is a Hybrid Cloud?
A hybrid cloud is known to be a computing environment. It is a combination a public cloud and a private cloud by allowing data and applications to be shared between them. Hybrid cloud computing allows an enterprise to set up an on-premises private cloud to host sensitive or any critical workload. It uses a third-party public cloud provider for hosting the less-critical resources, for example the test and development workload.
During the phases of fluctuations in computing and processing demand, the hybrid cloud computing offers any businesses the facility to flawlessly scale their on-premises infrastructure up to the public cloud in order to handle any kind of overflow. This whole process refrains any third-party data centers from accessing the entirety of their data. With the hybrid cloud service organizations get to have the good flexibility and computing power that is the main feature of the public cloud for basic and non-sensitive computing tasks. On the other hand, it also keeps the business-critical applications and data on-premises, secured safely behind the company firewall.
With the help of hybrid cloud, a business organization gets a good chance to maximize their efficiencies. This is done by engaging public cloud services for all kinds of non-sensitive operations, only relying on a private cloud is being relied on only in certain cases where it is absolutely required. With all this going on, it is first ensured that all platforms have been integrated seamlessly.
Benefits of using Hybrid Cloud
- The major cause of adopting the hybrid cloud approach is it provides the organization maximum flexibility for exploring different new products and business models
- It protects, keeps information confidential, and all sensitive information can be stored on a private cloud. Meanwhile, it allows the leveraging resources of the public cloud to run apps that rely on that data. It is excellent kind of set up for companies that have much of sensitive data to store and keep records.
- Even the biggest and most reliable cloud service providers have downtime. By keeping certain functions accessible and on-site, organizations insulate themselves from network failures. For services that require an extremely high degree of availability (like social networks), ensuring stability is a major consideration.
- Reduced latency.For some specific high-speed functions, it is impractical to run apps in the public cloud. In that case, the idea of hybrid cloud provides them what they exactly need to run their business efficiently without having to run those apps on a public cloud.
- Cost effectiveness: When data centers are forced into doing numerous things, efficiency mostly suffers. If you can consider investing your money in up gradation of your storage, you might want to consider offloading the non-essential tasks onto a cloud-storage system before investing extra money.
No any two set up hybrid clouds can be same. It is different for every business enterprise according to their business processes, amount and type of data they are using in running their business organization. KCloud technologies have been working on the Salesforce CRM platform and has completed many development and Salesforce Administration and Salesforce Integration projects successfully. The Hybrid cloud service provided by KCloud technologies is highly customized according to the requirements of the partners and the end users.
Things to ponder about before getting into Hybrid Cloud system
Before getting into the Hybrid Cloud approach for your organization, there are some important things to look into and thoroughly go through with.
- Setup and customization of web services
- Data transfer
- Management of the workload on hybrid cloud
- Storage and maintenance
- Workload analysis to distribute work efficiently
Examples of Hybrid Cloud systems
It would paint a better picture of the types of hybrid clouds adopted by different organizations by quoting an example or two about this cloud set up. The two examples will help you understand better the conditions and situations that require Salesforce Hybrid Cloud system
- A major health care providing company needs the ability to compartmentalize the patient data in compliance with HIPAA while also enabling patients the ability to access some of their information through the provider’s web app.
- A video-streaming service that does not have the computing power on-site to handle weekend binge-watching. During these high-traffic periods, the company can “burst” some of their processes onto a public cloud service to ensure availability even as their traffic spikes.
In a hybrid cloud system, each continues to enjoy the status of a unique entity while a standardized or proprietary technology sanctions all the required permissions to them for consolidating their resources. All the cloud computing services should offer certain efficiencies to different degrees but public cloud services are likely to be more cost efficient and scalable than private clouds. Often there is a need of both the facilities of public and private clouds for a business enterprise to run in an efficient manner. Salesforce hybrid cloud service is the perfect solution to it.